Thursday, March 26, 2009

Week 9


Assignment: Complete 8 more spreads to have a total of 10 done.

Craft: I used a lot of boxes filled with colors that went well with the illustrations. I made the pictures and titles the biggest so they stood out the most since they are the most important part of the spread. I used different fonts to make each spread look different. Another thing I did to personalize each spread was that I made the columns all look different. Some were wider than others, some took up the page more than others and some spilt on to both sides of the spread. I used pull quotes on almost every spread and behind every pull quote is a solid colored rectangle with a drop shadow. I wanted them to all look the same so they stood out and the reader looked for each pull quote. 

Concept:I wanted each and every spread to look different but fit together so they feel like they all belong in the same magazine. I used a lot of different colors in each spread as well. I want them all to stand out and look unique in each of their own ways.

Composition: Almost all of my spreads either have the picture on one side and the text on the opposite side. The pictures that were vertical took up the whole page. The pictures that were horizontal usually have the title on one side and the text on the opposite side. I tried my best to make sure nothing of importance on the pictures were cut off in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment