Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Week 6


Assignment: Create our own illustration using Illustrator and incorporate text.

Craft: I used a lot of paint brush strokes. The sunset is a gradient along with the sun. The water and sand are a mix of different strokes with lots of lights and darks to show the movement of the water and the wet sand.There is also a slight reflection of the sun on the water. I need to fix the palm tree to make it more detailed and life-like.

Composition:
My portrait is set on a beach. There is a dramatic sunset against the water. There are footprints on the sand to let you know someone is around, even if you cannot see them. Off to the right of the picture is a palm tree with a hammock. When I am done with the picture you will see someones feet on the hammock showing that they are laying down, relaxing and enjoying the sunset. The last thing I have to do is put the text in. I havent decided where to put it. I want to make sure it fits in perfectly.

Concept:
My main goal is to portray the state of relaxation. Someone set in my portrait would most likely be stress free and relaxed. I wish at this point in the semester that I could be that person laying in the hammock enjoying the beautiful weather. I want the person looking at this illustration to feel relaxed and I wanted it to be simple enough so it wasnt distracting and you dont have to look at too many things to get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment