Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Week 10






Assignment: Create 10 more spreads to make a total of 20.


Craft: I continued to do the same thing I was doing during the first half, for the second half. I used some of the same strategies such as the big titles and pull quotes with a drop shadow. I want there to be some kind of unifying trait throughout my magazine, while also looking very unique. While finishing the last 2 spreads I added page numbers so that they can correspond with the table of contents I will soon make.



Concept: I tried to make them all have columns so they looked as much like a magazine article as possible but there are a few that have a more bulky text spread than others. I liked playing around the with the colors so that the titles and pull quotes had the same color scheme as the portrait without being too distracting.


Composition: I uploaded 3 of my favorite spreads from the second 10 we needed to complete. I like these 3 because they are each very different are are each as appealing to the eye as the others. Although the black and grey one does not look as much like a magazine as the other 2, I like the way I added a black stripe on the left side of the spread to unify them both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment