Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Week 4


Assignment: A finalized version of Abraham Lincoln illustration

Craft:
I put Abe in 3 over sized frames on a concrete wall in a museum setting. I played with illustration and found a borders tool box within the brushes tool box. I found a wooden border I liked and made 3 of them. I took the beard off of the youngest looking Abe since he did not have a beard in his younger days. I also made a concrete wall with the color gray and a lighter gray brush stroke on top of that to make it look more like concrete. I made a brown floor with light brown brush strokes. I also added a woman looking at the 3 pictures of Abe.

Composition:
All 3 frames are the same size in order to keep everything symmetrical. It is a very simple looking illustration which in meant to give a simple message to anyone who sees it.

Concept:
It takes place in a museum. It shows the 3 stages of Abe's life. Museums hold and show important artifacts or pictures, and information on interesting things in history. Abraham Lincoln is a very renowned person and president so it makes sense that people would look at pictures of him and learn about his life and history.

No comments:

Post a Comment